List of Papers published by ReSIST Partners in
The following papers have been published by the partners in
- A. Pasquini, S.Pozzi, and G. McAuley, "Eliciting
Information for Safety Assessment", Submitted to Safety Science,
- A.E.Rugina, K.Kanoun, M.Kaâniche,
"Modélisation de la sûreté de
fonctionnement de systèmes à partir du langage
AADL", 15ème Colloque de Maîtrise des Risques et
de Sûreté de Fonctionnement. Lambda-Mu 15, Lille,
9-12 October 2006, 8p.
- A.N.Bessani and M.Correia and J.S.Fraga and L.C.Lung,
"Sharing Memory between Byzantine Processes using Policy-Enforced Tuple
Spaces". In Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on
Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), July 2006.
- Ayari, Khelil, Suri, “FT-PPTC: An Efficient and
Fault-Tolerant Commit Protocol for Mobile Environments”;
Proc. SRDS, October 2006
- Baldoni, and G. Cortese, and F. Morabito, and L. Querzoni,
and S. Tucci Piergiovanni, and A. Virgillito, "On The Accuracy of Event
Distribution Lists for Publish/Subscribe", DEBS '06, 5th International
Workshop on Distributed Event-Based Systems, ICDCSW'06, 26th IEEE
International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops,
Lisboa, Portugal, July 4-7, 2006.
- Barboni, E, Conversy, S, Navarre, D, and Palanque, P.
"Model-Based Engineering of Widgets, User Applications and Servers
Compliant with ARINC 661 Specification". Proceedings of the 13th
Conference on Design Specification and Verification of Interactive
Systems (DSVIS 2006). 2006. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer
- Barboni, E, Navarre, D, Palanque, P, and Basnyat, S.
"Exploitation of Formal Specification Techniques for ARINC 661
Interactive Cockpit Applications". Proceedings of HCI aero Conference,
(HCI Aero 2006). 2006.
- Basnyat S., Chozos N. and Palanque P.,
“Multidisciplinary perspective on accident
investigation”, Reliability Engineering & System
Safety Volume 91, Issue 12, December 2006, Pages 1502-1520.
- Basnyat, S and Palanque, P. "A Barrier-based Approach for
the Design of Safety Critical Interactive Application". ESREL 2006
Safety and Reliability for Managing Risk. Safety and Reliability
Conference. 2006. Balkema (Taylor & Francis).
- C. Lac and S. Ramanathan, "A resilient Telco
Grid middleware", ISCC'06 (IEEE Symposium on Computers and
Communications), Cagliari, Italy, 26-29 June 2006, pp. 306-311
- C. Lac, "Improvement of software availability using failure
data analysis", LambdaMu, Lille, France, 10-12 October 2006 (in French)
- C. Leita, M. Dacier and F. Massicotte, "Automatic handling
of protocol dependencies and reaction to 0-day attacks with ScriptGen
based honeypots", RAID 2006, 9th International Symposium on Recent
Advances in Intrusion Detection, September 20-22, 2006, Hamburg,
Germany - Also published as Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume
4219/2006, pp 185-205.
- Carlo Marchetti, and Roberto Baldoni, and Sara Tucci
Piergiovanni, and Antonino Virgillito, "Fully Distributed
Three-Tier Active Software Replication", IEEE Transactions on Parallel
and Distributed Systems, 17, (7), 633-645, 2006.
- D. Abi Haidar et al., "An extended RBAC profile of XACML",
3rd ACM Workshop on Secure Web Services, Alexandria, Virginia, USA, 3
Nov 2006, pp. 13-22
- Eric Alata, V. Nicomette, M. Kaaniche and M. Dacier,
"Lessons learned from the deployment of a high-interaction honeypot",
Proc. Sixth European Dependable Computing Conference (EDCC-6), Coimbra,
Portugal, October 18-20, 2006, IEEE Computer Society, pp. 39-44,
- F. Pouget, G. Urvoy-Keller, M. Dacier, “Time
signatures to detect multi-headed stealthy attack tools”,
18th Annual FIRST Conference, June 25-30, 2006, Baltimore, USA
- H. Debar, " Leveraging multiple approaches in intrusion
detection", MonAM 2006 Workshop on Monitoring, Attack Detection and
Mitigation, Tuebingen, Germany, 28-29 Sep 2006 (Keynote talk)
- H. Moniz and N. F. Neves and M. Correia and P.
Veríssimo. "Experimental Comparison of Local and Shared Coin
Randomized Consensus Protocols". In Proceedings of the 27th IEEE
Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems. Leeds, UK, October 2006
- H. Moniz and N. F. Neves and M. Correia and P.
Veríssimo. "Randomized Intrusion-Tolerant Asynchronous
Services". In Proceedings of the International Conference on Dependable
Systems and Networks (DSN), pages 568-577, June 2006.
- H. Pfeifer and F. von Henke, "Modular Formal Analysis of
the Central Guardian in the Time-Triggered Architecture", Reliability
Engineering & System Safety, Special Issue on Safety,
Reliability and Security of Industrial Computer Systems, Elsevier Ltd.,
2006, in press.
- J Yan and P L Cho. “Enhancing collaborative spam
detection with Bloom filters”, in Proc. of the 22nd Annual
Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC-22), IEEE Computer
Society, Florida, U.S.A., December, 2006.
- J. W. Bryans, J. S. Fitzgerald, C. B. Jones, I. Mozolevsky,
"Formal Modelling of Dynamic Coalitions, with an Application in
Chemical Engineering", IsoLa'06, Presented at the 2nd International
Symposium on Leveraging Applications of Formal Methods, Verification
and Validation (ISoLA), Paphos, 15-19 November 2006
- Johansson, Sarbu, Suri. “When is the Right Time
to Inject an Error?”, Fast Abstracts, Proc. DSN,
- K. Kanoun, Y.Crouzet, "Dependability Benchmarks for
operating systems", International Journal of Performability
Engineering, Vol.2, N°3, pp.275-287, July 2006
- Karama Kanoun, "Dependability Benchmarking and System
Integration", Invited paper, The First IEEE International Conference
System Integration and Reliability Improvements, SIRI 2006,
Vietnam, pp. 1-4,,
13-15 December 2006
- L. Gönczy and D. Varró,
“Modeling and verification of reliable messaging in Service
Oriented Architectures by Graph Transformation Systems”. In
Proc. GT-VC 2006.
- L. Gönczy and D. Varró,
“Modeling of reliable messaging in Service Oriented
Architectures”. In Andrea Polini, editor, in Proc. of Intl
Workshop on Web Services Modeling and Testing (WS-MaTe2006), pp. 35-49,
- L. Gönczy, S. Chiaradonna, F. Di Giandomenico, A.
Pataricza, A. Bondavalli, and T. Bartha, “Dependability
evaluation of web service-based processes”. In Proc. of
European Performance Engineering Workshop (EPEW 2006), LNCS Vol. 4054,
pp. 166-180, Springer, 2006.
- M. Kaâniche, E. Alata, V. Nicomette, Y.Deswarte,
M. Dacier, “Empirical analysis and statistical modeling of
attack processes based on honeypots” WEEDS 2006 - Workshop on
empirical evaluation of dependability and security (in conjunction with
the international conference on dependable systems and networks,
(DSN2006), Philadelphia (USA), June 25 - 28, 2006, pp. 119-124.
- M. Kovács and L. Gönczy,
“Simulation and formal analysis of workflow
models”. In Proc. of the Fifth Intl Workshop on Graph
Transformation and Visual Modeling Techniques, ENTCS, pp 215-224,
- M. Leone, A. Pasquini, Keith Vickery, and H Wagemans,
"Validation Management in an ATM Research Project", Submitted to Air
Traffic Control Quarterly, Air Traffic Control Association.
- M. Martinello, M. Kaaniche, K. Kanoun, C.Aguilar-Melchor,
Modeling service unavailability due to long response time for single
and multi server queueing systems, XXVI Congresso da Sociedade
Brasileira de Computaçao Tecnologia da Informaçao
e Desenvolvimento Regional, Campo Grande (Brasil), 14-20 July, 2006.
- M. Martinello, M. Kaaniche, K. Kanoun, Modeling service
availability in web clusters architectures, Workshop on Fault Tolerant
Computing (WTF'2006), Curitiba (Brasil), 29 May - 2 June, 2006, pp.
- M. Martinello, M.KaânicheE, K.Kanoun,
C.Aguilar-Melchor, "Modeling user perceived unavailability due to long
response times", 11th IEEE Workshop on Dependable Parallel, Distributed
and Network-Centric Systems (DPDNS'06), 29 April 2006, Rhodes Island,
- Miguel Correia, Nuno F. Neves, Paulo Veríssimo.
"From Consensus to Atomic Broadcast: Time-Free Byzantine-Resistant
Protocols without Signatures". Computer Journal. vol. 41, n. 1, pp
82-96, January 2006
- Miguel Correia, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Lau Cheuk Lung, Paulo
Veríssimo. "Worm-IT - A Wormhole-based Intrusion-Tolerant
Group Communication System". Journal of Systems & Software,
Elsevier, 2006. to appear
- N. F. Neves and J. Antunes and M. Correia and P.
Veríssimo and R. Neves. "Using Attack Injection to Discover
New Vulnerabilities". In Proceedings of the International Conference on
Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), pages 457-466, June 2006.
- N. Moffat and M. Goldsmith, "Assumption-Commitment Support
for CSP Model Checking", AVoCS'2006, Sixth International Workshop on
Automated Verification of Critical Systems, Nancy, France, September
- N. Oualha and Y. Roudier. Cooperation incentive schemes,
Eurecom research report RR-06-176.
- N. Salatge and J.-C. Fabre, "DeWeL: a language support for
fault tolerance in service oriented architectures," International
Workshop on Engineering of Fault Tolerant Systems (EFTS'2006),
Luxembourg (Luxembourg), June 2006.
- Navarre D., Palanque P., Dragicevic P. & Bastide
R., “An Approach Integrating two Complementary Model-based
Environments for the Construction of Multimodal Interactive
Applications”, Interacting with Computers, vol. 18,
n°5, 2006, pp. 910-941.
- P. Domokos, I. Majzik, “Automated Construction of
Dependability Models by Aspect-Oriented Modeling and Model
Transformation”. In W. Karl, J. Becker, K.-E. Grosspietsch,
C. Hochberger, E. Maehle (editors): Proc. 19th Int. Conf. on
Architecture of Computing Systems (ARCS-06), pp. 66-75, Gesellschaft
für Informatik, Lecture Notes in Informatics Vol. P-81,
- P. Veríssimo, N. F. Neves and M. Correia.
"CRUTIAL: The Blueprint of a Reference Critical Information
Infrastructure Architecture". In CRITIS'06 1st International Workshop
on Critical Information Infrastructures Security. August 30 - September
2, 2006, Samos Island, Greece
- Palanque, P, Bernhaupt, R, Navarre.D, Ould, M, and
Winckler, M. "Supporting Usability Evaluation of Multimodal Man-Machine
Interfaces for Space Ground Segment Applications Using Petri net Based
Formal Specification”. Ninth International Conference on
Space Operations, Rome, Italy, June 18-22, 2006.
- Peter Li, Yuhui Chen, Alexander Romanovsky,
“Measuring the Dependability of Web Services for Use in
e-Science Experiments”, Volume: D. Penkler, M. Reitenspiess,
and F. Tam (Eds.): ISAS 2006, LNCS 4328, pp. 193 - 205, 2006.
- R. Baldoni, and C. Marchetti, and A. Virgillito, "Impact of
WAN Channel Behavior on End-to-end Latency of Replication Protocols",
EDCC'06, Sixth European Dependable Computing Conference, 18-20 October,
Coimbra, PORTUGAL, 2006.
- R. Baldoni, and M. Malek, and A. Milani, and S. Tucci
Piergiovanni, "Weakly-Persistent Causal Objects In Dynamic Distributed
Systems", SRDS'06, IEEE Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems 2006,
Leeds, UK, October 2-4, 2006.
- R. Baldoni, and R. Guerraoui, and R. Levy, and V. Quema,
and S. Tucci Piergiovanni, "Unconscious Eventual Consistency with
Gossips", SSS'06, Eighth International Symposium on Stabilization,
Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems, Dallas, Texas, USA,
November 17-19, 2006.
- R. Baldoni, and S. Bonomi, and L. Querzoni, and A. Rippa,
and S. Tucci Piergiovanni, and A. Virgillito, "Evaluation of
Unstructured Overlay Maintenance Protocols under Churn", IWDDS '06,
International Workshop on Dynamic Distributed Systems-ICDCSW'06, 26th
IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems
Workshops, Lisboa, Portugal, July 4-7, 2006.
- R. Baldoni, and S. Scipioni, and S. Tucci Piergiovanni,
"Communication Channel Management for Maintenance of strong overlay
connectivity", ISCC'06, 11th IEEE Symposium on on Computers and
Communications, 26-29 June, Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy, 2006.
- R. Beraldi, "A directional gossip protocol for path
discovery in MANETs", WWASN 2006, Workshop on Wireless Ad hoc and
Sensor Networks - ICDCSW'06, 26th IEEE International Conference on
Distributed Computing Systems Workshops , Lisboa, Portugal, July 4-7,
- S. Pozzi, and A. Rizzo, "The persistency of psychological
tools in Air Traffic Management", In Grote, G., Günter, H.
& Totter, A. "Trust and control in complex socio-technical
systems", Proceedings of the thirteenth European conference on
cognitive ergonomics, ECCE 13, 20-22 September, 2006, ETHZ,
- S. Trabelsi, J.-C. Pazzaglia, Y. Roudier.
“Enabling Secure Discovery in a Pervasive
Environment”, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference
on Security in Pervasive Computing (SPC'2006), York, United Kingdom,
April 18 - 21, 2006.
- S. Trabelsi, J.-C. Pazzaglia, Y. Roudier. “Secure
Web Service Discovery: Overcoming Challenges of Ubiquitous
Computing”, Proceedings of the 4th European Conference on Web
Services (ECOWS'2006), Zürich, Switzerland, December 4-6, 2006.
- Sarbu, “Behavior-Driven Testing of Windows Device
Drivers”, Student Forum, Proc. of DSN, June 2006
- Schupp, B, S.Basnyat, S, Palanque, P, and Wright, P.,
“A Barrier-Approach to Inform Model-Based Design of
Safety-Critical Interactive Systems”, 9th International
Symposium of the ISSA Research Section Design process and human factors
integration: Optimising company performances. 2006.
- Serafini, Bokor, Suri, “On Exploiting Symmetry to
Verify Distributed Protocols” Fast Abstract, Proc. of DSN,
- Taneva S., Palanque P., Basnyat S., Winckler M., Law E.,
“Anticipating Failure: a Task Model Design Approach for Safer
eHealth. Applications”, 11Th World Congress on Internet in
Medicine, poster. Toronto, Canada, October 13-20 2006.
- Yves Crouzet, Hélène Waeselynck,
Benjamin Lussier and David Powell, "The SESAME Experience: From
Assembly Languages to Declarative Models", 2nd Workshop on Mutation
Analysis (Mutation'2006), Raleigh, North Carolina, USA,
7 November 2006, 10p.
- Z. Micskei and I. Majzik, “Model-based Automatic
Test Generation for Event-Driven Embedded Systems using Model
Checkers,” in Proc. of Dependability of Computer Systems
(DepCoS-RELCOMEX '06), Szklarska Poręba, Poland, pp.192-198, IEEE CS
- Z. Micskei, I. Majzik and F. Tam, “Robustness
Testing Techniques For High Availability Middleware
Solutions,” in Proc. Int. Workshop on Engineering of Fault
Tolerant Systems (EFTS 2006), Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 12-14 June, 2006.